Monday, June 10, 2019

Under a Different Sky by Lindsey Iler

Something I’ve always thought I’d have is a future with the girl of my dreams.
This book... Where do I even begin? Under A Different Sky is so much more than just a simple love story. It's a story of loss and heartache. It's a story of strength and never giving up. It's a story of finding yourself again after the darkness tries to take over. It is a story that will tug at your heart strings from the very beginning.
Bitmoji Image
Here is the review

Synopsis:

My life is a mess.

I'm walking around with a black eye. My position on the hockey team is questionable at best, and if that’s not bad enough, I think I'm falling for my dead girlfriend's best friend.

Every day, it's a fight to feel alive, and yet, I drink to numb the pain. Everyone is standing back, watching me fall apart.

Everyone except Hannah. No matter how many times I push, she's there to pull me back. She refuses to let me spiral any deeper. And after one kiss—she’s impossible to ignore.
Unfortunately, it seems she and I aren’t the only thing being kept a secret.


I absolutely loved Nick and Hannah! The chemistry and pull these two have is extraordinary. They both struggled internally with their feelings, but each in their own way. Nick lost his first true love and doesn't know how to live without her. He doesn't know how to let her go and how to move on. The raw emotion in him as he struggles was absolutely heartbreaking to see. And Hannah, she lost her best friend in the world. On top of that, she made some promises to Mia that she wants to keep, but is struggling to uphold.

Do you ever truly get over a loss like that? I’m trying my hardest, and some may not agree with my methods, but I’m doing my damn best. 
Watching Nick and Hannah together was a beautiful sight to see. The happiness they found in each other while trying to heal was absolutely magical. They were two halves of a whole who completed each other in every way. They had they type of love that every girl longs for when growing up. But their journey wasn't an easy one. There were lots of bumps and bruises along the way.
Bitmoji Image
The slow burn you feel between these sizzled of the pages. I was rooting for them and yet also feeling the guilt and questions they themselves we're having. Lindsey wrote a beautiful story about loss, love, and moving on with life. You will feel their pain and struggle with their feelings for one another, it gets intense at times.

Her excitement over something as simple as driving my truck has me wishing I could always do something like this for her.
Under A Different Sky was such an emotional trip. The writing was phenomenal. The author didn't just make me feel the book. She made me live it, experience it and breathe it. I loved each and every swoon-worthy, heart fluttering, heartbreaking, painful and devastating moment. It gave me all of the feels and I couldn't possible ask for more. This story is one that will touch everyone's life and take you on the most amazing ride. This book deserves all the stars and more.
bursting with love
The chemistry between the two is incredible from the start. Of course in typical Lindsey fashion, nothing is easy, and their world is full of secrets. This story took my heart and put it in a blender. I had to walk away from the story and come back several times. I loved every second.

Rating:  ★ ★ ★ 
Overall, Lindsey wrote a phenomenal book left me in tears and begging for more at the same time. Lindsey’s writing brings the characters to life. Every smile I felt, every tear I cried and trust me it's hard to make me cry! Every word in this book was written from the heart, and you know it just from reading. This book will give you the feels. I can’t wait too see what book two has in store for us.
Bitmoji Image

Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!

Current Song: Arms Wide Open by Creed
Image result for Arms Wide Open by Creed
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig