Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Sweet Temptation by Cora Reilly


Cora Reilly is back with another book and I AM EXCITED! This is her second release of 2020 and it is just as good as the previous one!




"I’d never been a man for the sweet things in life, I suddenly craved it."

Cora's books have a special place in my sweet little heart. She was the first mafia-based author I have ever read and she has opened the door for so many mafia romances for this girl. With that being said, this book was a delight as it was tragic. This story had a slightly different feeling to Cora's other Mafia books because she put the focus on the main protagonists and their development and growth as individuals and as a couple. There's a mind-blowing huge twist she came up with that left me speechless and with my jaw on the floor.

“The cruelest Underboss of the Famiglia had lost his wife and was now left to raise his two little kids alone.”
Cassio Moretti is a Made Man who is refreshingly different. Yes, he rules over Philadelphia with an iron fist and is well known for his brutality and coldness. But that's only his professional face he needs to keep up as an Underboss in order to be respected by his men. At home, he is the loving and doting father and caring and loyal husband. He is without a doubt the most compelling hero Cora has ever written in my eyes. His arranged marriage to Giulia was supposed to be a union between Philadelphia and Baltimore and give his children a new mother. But this broken man got so much more out of it than he has bargained for. His new wife's brand of honesty, her patience and understanding have breathed life into him again.
”Maybe because of her age because she was still youthfully optimistic, naively reckless, and daringly unconventional.”
What better quote to describe the sunflower that is Giulia Rizzo. Giulia is the proverbial heroine of this story. She showed strength, backbone, and willpower. I was deeply impressed by her. Giulia took on a difficult and challenging task for an 18-year old by marrying Cassio knowing that she now had to take care of two small children, warm her much older husband's bed and be the mistress of the house. She didn't have any experience but she was determined to make her marriage work and gain the kids' love and trust. Giulia was very clever and outspoken. She didn't bow down to everything her husband demanded. She chose her battles wisely. In the Mafia world which is dominated by men, she had to learn the subtle art of getting her will with a smile and kindness.
Maybe she wasn't the mother my children needed, but fuck, she was what I craved.  
Rating: ★★★ ★ ☆
Overall, this story Sweet Temptation is hands down a masterpiece and one of the best books Cora Reilly has ever written and I don't say this lightly, trust me, since Twisted Pride has been my top favorite until now. Cassio, Giulia, and the kids have stolen a piece of my heart and left a permanent mark on my soul. It definitely has Cora's signature writing style but at the same time, it feels different too. If you're a huge sucker for the single parent, arranged marriage and age-gap tropes like me then this Mafia romance will be right up your alley. Sweet Temptation is pure perfection from the first till the last page. I strongly encourage you to pick up this fantastic story and let the intriguing characters put you under their spell. Cora, my queen, I once again bow deeply to you and your unsurpassed talent. Although this book may be read as stand-alone, I fully recommend you read her previous books to understand the small easter eggs she wrote in this book.


Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig