Monday, January 21, 2019

The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders


“Chemistry was a terrible thing, sometimes it simply sparked between the wrong people” 

This is the first book I ever read that was written by Natasha Anders and I enjoyed reading it. This book had the traits I love to read in any romance; grovel, second-chance, and a strong heroine.

I found out about this book when I was looking for another book that had angst and grovel scenes because I am a sucker for those. It wasn't very expensive so I went ahead and bought it. I didn't read what the book was about so I went in blind. Boy, was I in for a story!

Alessandro de Lucci and Theresa de Lucci have been married for over a year. All Sandro wants from his wife is a son, and after a year of wanting nothing more than her husband's love, all Theresa wants now is a divorce. However after a year of being cold and heartless to his wife, Sandro realizes that he is not quite ready to let her go.

This book was amazing and heart breaking. Theresa, or cara like Sandro calls her,  goes from a weak little mouse to a woman who is finally able to take charge of her life. I loved watching her finally take a stand and not letting 'sweet' words from Sandro and she didn't fall for his efforts. What she wants first, is out of her cold and loveless marriage.

“I'm your husband...”
“No. You are not my husband,” she interrupted in a voice thickened with hatred and tears. “You have never been my husband. A husband loves, honours and cherishes! A husband is a lover and a champion... Look into the next room if you want to see what a real husband is, because you are no such thing!”
Sandro on the other hand was a confusing character for me. I wanted to hate him, I wanted to slap him. At one point in the book, I was rooting for him. I tried to understand where he was coming from. He was so mean to her, always insulting her by his actions and often going out with other dates.
However, upon discovering that his reasons for resenting her are not quite what he thought them to be, Sandro doesn't want to let his wife go.
“I told you before, I don’t want out of this marriage. And if you give me nothing but daughters for the next twenty years, I would consider myself blessed.” 
Rating:  ★ ★ ★ ★ 
The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders is a definitely a must! There are many tear jerking moments, steamy moments, and just so much more in this book than what the blurb hints to. It was so good that I read the whole thing in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down! If you are a fan of any angsty, grovel, or just the hero working hard for the heroine, this book is for you!


Thanks for reading!!
Please, share and follow me. 
Hope your lucky stars look after you all!

Buy the book with the links below!
Bitmoji Image
Current Song: A Partir De Hoy by David Bisbal & Sebastián Yatra
Bitmoji Image
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig