Monday, June 10, 2019

Kiss and Break Up by Ella Fields

Ella Fields delivers and delivers every time she releases a book. The first book I ever read written by her was Suddenly Forbidden. I read that book in two days because something called work was getting in my way of finishing this gripping book. After reading Pretty Venom earlier this year, Ella Fields is THE queen of angst. It is my second favorite book of this year so far and that says a lot. After reading Pretty Venom, I thought maybe she wouldn't write anything that will reach it. Well, she strikes again with Kiss and Break Up and she knocked it straight out of the park! She hit the home run of angst! I'm talking teenage angst overload here, people! And. It. Was. Amazing.
Bitmoji Image
Here we go to the review!

Synopsis:

Dashiell Thane wasn’t a nice guy. 

He was an abrasive, demanding, conniving, intolerable brat. 

Yet somehow, we’d been best friends our whole lives. 

Until our senior year when I finally decided to dip my toes into the dating pool. 

All it took was one kiss for jealousy, lies, and betrayal to sweep in and propel us heart first into dizzying, hostile depths. 
You’re not supposed to kiss your best friend. 
You’re definitely not supposed to kiss your best friend while you’re dating someone else. 
And the absolute worst thing you could do is fall for your best friend. 
Unless, of course, you want to ruin everything.



Dash and Peggy have known each other since they were in diapers. And they've been best friends since Dash essentially decided it and practically bullied Peggy into it. She's never had a choice in the matter, but it's not like she minds. The guy may be rude, crude, and completely tone deaf when it comes to proprietary, but he's her best friend. Through thick and thin. And their senior year of high school definitely brings a change in their comfortable dynamic. 

Peggy is a bit of a late bloomer. But with her braces off and a new haircut, suddenly she begins to see her own appeal. And with that appeal, she wants to experience dating like all girls her age have already done. But when a cute boy asks her out, she realizes that her inexperience is a crutch that she needs to get rid off. And in comes her knight in tarnished armor, Dash, with an offer she can't refuse; practice with him.
Because I did. I’d always loved him but not like this. Love, I’d discovered, was something that multiplied. With every kiss and every touch, it continued to change shape as we continued to fall.
Dash is a character that you will love to hate and hate to love. He's far from perfect and he makes plenty of mistakes. As hard as you want to hate him for the decisions he makes sometimes, you also can't help but fall for him anyway. Peggy was the perfect balance for him. She accepts him in all his imperfect glory, but she also doesn't take any of his shit. I loved the dynamic of the guy pining after the girl who takes a while to truly understand her feelings for him. It's a refreshing change of pace.

There were certain parts in the book that made me so mad at Dash. (Spoiler) When Peggy found him having sex with Kayla, I was so mad for me. Understand he was angry and all, but come on! Revenge will continue unless someone stops it and he wanted to get back at her for allegedly losing her virginity with someone else. 

Bitmoji Image
“To try talking to you, to apologize, but it doesn’t matter now.” His brows gathered, and the tension in his jaw slowly loosened. “It doesn’t?” “No,” I said, and I took the opportunity to push him off me. “It doesn’t matter that I wanted to tell you I love you too because you’ve gone and wrecked it.” I stalked toward my car.
There's several secondary characters that are introduced, that I'm practically salivating for a book for. The set up for their books is utterly delicious. I have zero chill with getting my grubby little hands on their stories. Daphne and Lars...I got my eyes on you!Bitmoji Image
“Because I love you.” “Well, I don’t want your damn love. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not in ten years.” Shock painted his features a paler hue. “You don’t mean that.”
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Overall, this was an amazing read and I have found myself going back to reading this book just for certain scenes. Ella Fields always delivers when it comes angst filled books and I just love it. Now, it did not beat Pretty Venom for me but there is a rumor that the next book in this series Forever and Never has more angst than Pretty Venom, I am ready! This book was absolutely amazing! It will definitely be in my top reads for 2019. This was such an amazing read for this year! It is one of my only five star reads and I am so happy. Lately, I’ve been rating around 4 or 3 stars and this was just a breath of fresh air!
Bitmoji Image
Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Buy book with link below:
Amazon
*Can be read on Kindle Unlimited!

Current Song: Beautiful by Bazzi
Image result for beautiful bazzi

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig