Thursday, June 27, 2019

Forever and Never by Ella Fields


"Later, Cotton Candy." There'd be no later. Or maybe there'd be too many. Only time would tell.
Ella Fields destroyed me once again and I will die happily. I have read quite a few books by Ella Fields, but I have to tell you, this is hands down my favorite. I couldn’t put it down, I had to keep going, I had to know what was going to happen next. I can't wait to get another sneak of this couple in the upcoming book. I need to see them again!

Here is the review!
Bitmoji Image
First, the synopsis:


Lars Bradby was supposed to be my forever.That was before we found out he would become a father at the tender age of eighteen. 
For years, he’d watched me.
For months, he’d wanted me.
For weeks, he’d chased me.
Relentless and infuriating, he turned my stubborn heart into something pliable and weak.
Sly and honest, he worked his way into my life as though he’d always planned to be the focal point of it.
In love and naive, even when our future seemed bleak, I believed in us.
Heartbroken and desperate, I tore my bleeding heart from my chest, wanting only the best for him.
In doing so, our forever wasn’t just interrupted. It was chased away with one irreversible decision after another.
And now, we could no longer see it beneath the heaping piles of debris we’d left in our wake. 


Bitmoji Image
Her stories are addicting and thrilling and also very real and honest. They stay with you and viscerally affect you where you can't really function until you reach the final word. Without giving away any spoilers, Forever and Never describes the tumultuous love story between Lars and Daphne and painfully shows us how the one you love the most wields the power to land the deepest cut. This story was so gripping and equally heartbreaking.
“It was forever, this love. And all I could do was submit.”
There were some many time where I wanted to throw my phone across the room because of the actions of these characters. (Spoiler) When Lars made Daphne pick him up with his little fling and started pleasuring her, I was so angry! I couldn't believe he went that far. I wanted Daphne to drag him! I give her credit because I would have started swinging. Daphne is just too much of a sweetheart.
bursting with love
On top of all of these reasons, the themes and ideas of forgiveness and love, although changing and altering, remains, and this poignant message resonated. The love she writes about, while at times ugly, is the real stuff. It survives the hardships, the disappointment and betrayals. Love endures, and there isn’t anything more romantic than that notion. The story flows flawlessly and when the heartbreak hits it hits hard all because of the foundation Ella Fields has laid for Daphne and Lars. Their story is one of love. And what a love theirs is. Lars never hiding his feelings and Daphne keeping him at arms length but when she finally lets go and falls all bets are of.
"I'm sorry Lars, I have to go."
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Overall, this was a heartbreaking and emotional read that is definitely in my top three. I forced myself to read this through my tears, people! I held my breath during so many parts as tears flooded my eyes in helpless anger while I steadfastly rooted for this couple. The storytelling was impeccable and I got lost in the brilliance of this author's words. Ella Fields’ writing is better than ever. Strong and poignant. Hitting me right in the heart with few little words. I will say this though...I can't decide if Pretty Venom or Forever and Never is better! It's so hard to choose which one is my favorite.
Bitmoji Image
Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!



Current Song: Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World
Related image
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig