Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Twisted Hearts by Cora Reilly

As soon as I found out Savio was getting his own book, I instantly became curious on who would be the girl to go against him. Gemma did not disappoint. She was exactly what he needed for his hard headed and arrogant self. Gemma and Savio's relationship was a roller coaster.
Bitmoji Image


Savio Falcone has a few non-negotiable rules when it comes to girls.

They need to be hot as f*ck.
Spread their legs without much prompting.
And leave as soon as the fun is over. Preferably minus any bitching or tears.
With his easy-going bad boy attitude, a last name that rules over Las Vegas and a body to die for, girls have always been at Savio’s disposal.
Unfortunately, the hottest girl in Vegas comes with a price Savio isn’t willing to pay. For Savio to get Gemma he’d need to seal the deal and put a ring on her finger. Settling down is out of the question, no matter how hot a piece of ass waits at the altar.
Gemma Bazzoli has had a crush on Savio from the first moment she came face to face with his arrogant smile, but for him she was always his best friend's annoying little sister—until her hard-earned curves catch even his attention.
But Savio likes it easy, and Gemma is anything but. When she’s promised to another man, Gemma resigns herself to the fact that the man she’s wanted all her life, doesn’t want her badly enough.
Savio has to decide how much work he’s willing to invest, because bending the rules in his usual style might not be enough to get the girl that haunts his wet dreams.


One of my favorite things in this book was her and Toni's friendship. I think I missed a connection like this since Valentina and Bibiana. They're like sisters and I loved so much seeing that one would really give her life for the other. I already love Toni and I already know with who I want her to be with and I think Cora will give us that laughing moments. About Gemma and her family: at first I thought it was suffocating how they treated her but then I realized that they would do anything for her, and Diego, despite being the typical teasing and overprotective older brother, surprised me a lot and I think he will win the readers' hearts.
besties!
As always with Cora’s books, Twisted Hearts left me in an overwhelming state. Here I was, thinking that this book would be just fun and games, and even though it does contain all of that, there are some deeply emotional scenes. I usually might just shed a few tears while reading saddening scenes, but one very realistic situation made me actually bawl. This novel once again proved how versatile author Cora can be, adding unexpected twists and turns to the storylines.
fam jam
Once again, the secondary characters were amazing in this book. I admire how the author makes them all so present yet they never take the focus from the main couple and feeding the fans desire to see their favorite characters from the previous books. You will laugh, you will smile warmly and you will cry. The action was soft in this book but the angst was on point and you will feel completely lost once the books is over and wishing for more and more.⁣ And honestly, I am anticipating a book for Toni and Diego...you guys aren't ready!


I ran my tongue over her lips.“That fucking mouth is mine”


Rating: ★★★★☆
Overall, although sometimes Savio’s antics made my blood boil, I kept reminding myself that his actions were part of his defense mechanisms, protection against the darkness that surrounded him. But behind the shallow demeanor, there is a man who eventually learns to show his love to the light of his life. Gemma’s character had some qualities that I anticipated, yet some that turned out be surprising. I grew to have a soft spot her, and I’m glad that she held on to her beliefs and dreams. I finished this book in three hours! You best believe I devoured three cups of coffee the next morning for work.

Bitmoji Image
Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Buy the Book with the link(s) below!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig