Sunday, May 5, 2019

Boyfriend Bargain by by Ilsa Madden-Mills


So, I am a sports-romance fan it is one of my favorite tropes. I haven't read a book by Ilsa Madden-Mills so this is a first for me. I've seen her name pop-up when it comes to the NA community so when I was offered to receive an ARC for this book


Here is the review!
Bitmoji Image

Wanted: one hot guy with rock-hard abs and a big stick.

Broke and desperate, Sugar Ryan has no use for arrogant, bad boy athletes . . . until she’s forced to bargain with the cockiest of them all.

If only he knew she was alive. 

Her mission? Get on this hockey player’s radar any way possible.

Zack Morgan is the king of the ice and the bedroom—but nothing prepares him for the mystery girl who shows up everywhere he does—frat parties, his favorite bar, and finally his front door with an offer he can’t refuse. The only rule in her boyfriend bargain: no falling in love.

But after one (um, two) smoking-hot hookups, he’s done with pretending and vows to make their fake relationship real. Too bad she can’t trust a player with a reputation for breaking hearts.

Will this hockey star score his forever girl or will their Boyfriend Bargain end in heartbreak? 

A standalone hockey romance


Ilsa introduces us to a new world of athletes and to characters we will be seeing in the future. I can already tell you I'll be following this series as it continues on. Maybe it's because I just need to known what happens to these characters!

Sugar Ryan, didn’t grow up with a silver spoon in her mouth like the rest of the kids who go to her university. She’s had to work her butt off to pay for her tuition and has her sights on attending Vanderbilt Law School after graduation. Sugar is on the wait list and thinks that with a little help from the biggest player on the hockey team, that she might be able to finagle an acceptance letter. The only obstacle is that she and Zack don’t run in the same social circles, but she’s determined to get his help.
“Yeah. The emperor penguin, which is what yours is, mates for life, and when the female goes out to get food, the male stays behind and keeps the eggs warm. She might be gone for two months, but he won’t eat or move until she comes back to him.”
Zack Morgan is the king of the ice and the bedroom, but nothing prepares him for the mystery girl who shows up everywhere he does—frat parties, his favorite bar, and finally his front door with an offer he can’t refuse. The only rule in her boyfriend bargain: no falling in love.
She’s everything. She’s Mine. She’s a symbol of me getting life right. My Love, my hope. Always.
A wee bit of stalking later, she corners him down at a Kappa house party and sets her plan in motion. The boyfriend bargain is set in glue but those plans come with a set of rules. No sex,, a few kisses here and there, and a strictly one month rule, no use of the name babe, and absolutely above all else no falling in love.
I love you. Forever. He was never really mine. I turn from them and walk away.
Rating: ★ ★ ★  ☆
Overall, I enjoyed this book but it's not the best book I have ever read. It kind of reminded me of another book in the beginning but it is different as the story goes on. This hit me in all the feels. Once I started this I didn’t put it down, seconds, minutes, hours, ceased to exist. It flowed perfectly, I connected with the characters fully, I fell in love head over heels. I devoured this in record time.

Bitmoji Image
Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Buy the book with the link(s) below!
Amazon
*Can be read on Kindle Unlimited

Current Song: Burn by Phillipa Soo
Image result for burn hamilton
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig