Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Kill Switch by Penelope Douglas


Yo...this book is going to be my favorite of this year! I am calling it right now! This book had everything I have been looking for in a book. This book also officially made Penelope Douglas as one of my auto-buy authors. My GOSH! I am shook!


"I've done far worse than what I went to prison for. She has no idea how bad this can get."

WINTER

Sending him to prison was the worst thing I could've done. It didn't matter that he did the crime or that I wished he was dead. Perhaps I thought I'd have time to disappear before he got out or he'd cool off in jail and be anything but the horror he was.
But I was wrong. Three years came and went too fast, and now he's anything but calm. Prison only gave him time to plan.
And while I anticipated his vengeance, I didn't expect this.
He doesn't want to make me hurt. He wants to make everything hurt.
DAMON
First thing's first. Get rid of her daddy. He told them I forced her. He told them his little girl was a victim, but I was a kid, too, and she wanted it just as much as I did.
Step two... Give her, her sister, and her mother nowhere to run and no fuel to escape. The Ashby women are alone now and desperate for a knight in shining armor.
But that's not what's coming.
No, it's time I listened to my father and took control of my future. It's time I showed them all--my family, her family, my friends--that I will never change and that I have no other ambition than to be the nightmare of their lives.
Starting with her.
She'll be so scared, she won't even be safe in her own head by the time I'm done with her. And the best part is I won't have to break into her home to do it.
As the new man of the house I have all the keys.

If you’ve read the other two books in the series you will know all about Damon Torrance and trust me I didn’t want to like him, I really didn’t. He’s done some messed up things but some how Penelope Douglas has made me fall deeply in love with Damon. He made me shout at my kindle, cry for him, want to hold him close and tell him everything will be ok. He made me roll my eyes, call him a names and smile so hard I didn’t know if I was coming or going.
“This is black,” he said. “Fear, falling, release. Excitement, risk, danger.” 
I can't describe my love for this book, for this series. It was everything and so much more. The characters, the plots the beautifully crafted writing. Ugh... Astounding. Damon Torrence will crush your heart and piece it back together taking his sweet time.
“How I’d never hated anyone as much as I hated him, but how I loved what I felt with him more than I loved anything I felt with anyone else, either.”
The angst, the fear, the love, the dirty. The red the black. No one could have wrote a book like this apart from Penelope. If you want to read something that will hold you captive this is the book. I have the biggest book hangover yet! Penelope needs more recognition, her talent hasn't been given the justice she deserves. I highly advise you to read the first two books in this saga Corrupt and Hideaway. I wanted to wait for the perfect words to review this book but I've come up short. My emotions are scrambled beyond repair with this one. I don't think I will be able to pick up another book for a while, unless it's to re read KILL SWITCH because I need to scratch that itch again.
“The beauty in life is what we live for, and it’s everywhere. You just have to look closer.” 
Damon and Winter, you think you know what happened that fateful Devil’s Night years ago but you have NO idea at all! My heart raced, it broke, I laughed, I cried, I raged, I cried some more, and I fell head over heels in love with Damon! I just want to take him in my arms and heal the pain that made him so broken and so destroyed! Damon loves hard, protects what is his harder and feels more than we thought that he ever could. The connection he has with Winter is beautiful at times, ugly at others, heart breaking and healing all in one warped love story that feels more like a hate story for part of the book. You think you know who Damon is but you have ZERO idea! 
“Words were shit. They didn’t mean anything. What we did mattered, not what we said.” 
I loved Winter’s strength, she didn’t allow her blindness to hold her back, in fact I think it made her stronger. The push and pull, the hate and love, the chemistry between all of the characters just is intensified. There are a few scenes that will have you desperately needing a wardrobe change because holy crap!! Just picturing what happens, let’s just put it this way, if you thought the sauna scene in Corrupt was hot that was nothing compared to some of the scenes in Kill Switch!
"He made himself the cure, which wouldn't have been necessary if he hadn't also created the disease."

Rating: ★★★★★
Overall, read this book! What can I say about the amazing Penelope Douglas? Damon and Winter are literally the perfect characters. This book had everything from suspense, action, romance, ANGST, it had a bit of forbidden and it also showed the relationships among all the characters. I read Kill Switch in the beginning of the year and it has been my number once since then. If you haven't read the Devil's Night series, you NEED TO! It's a perfect mix of genres that makes it one of a kind!
thank you
Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Buy the Book with the link(s) below!

Corrupt (Review)
Hideaway (Review)

Current Song: Devil in I by Slipknot
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig