Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Kulti by Mariana Zapata

It's official...Mariana Zapata is one of my favorite authors. Her way of introducing her characters and the way she makes them work for their relationship and feelings is such a breath of fresh air! Kulti is one of those books that has been sitting on my TBR pile for months and months. I never found the time to read it and always pushed it back because of how long it is. It wasn't until I was off for three days straight that I decided to attack this monster. It did not disappoint. Kulti is a soccer book, but it’s so much more than that! It’s fun, heartwarming and all around fantastic!
Bitmoji Image
So...review, let's go!


“Trust me, I’ve wanted to punch you in the face a time or five.”

When the man you worshipped as a kid becomes your coach, it’s supposed to be the greatest thing in the world. Keywords: supposed to. 
It didn't take a week for 27-year-old Sal Casillas to wonder what she'd seen in the international soccer icon - why she'd ever had his posters on her wall or ever envisioned marrying him and having super-playing soccer babies.
Sal had long ago gotten over the worst non-break-up in the history of imaginary relationships with a man who hadn't known she'd existed. So she isn't prepared for this version of Reiner Kulti who shows up to her team's season: a quiet, reclusive shadow of the explosive, passionate man he'd once been.



Ooh, this book was unexpected! 
Bitmoji Image
The rivalry with other teams. Do you have to be a football fan to enjoy this book? I don't think so ... then again, I was the Mom who was signing her 4 year olds up for the local football leagues. And they loved it. They still love soccer. They played for Varsity and Junior Varsity at school, got to travel to different countries with their school. I was the one who paid a fortune when our National team had a new jersey released.

Kulti...Kulti, Kulti, Kulti, he was exactly the alpha, arrogant, and rude in the beginning that you would expect. He is mean and doesn't offer advice to the Pipers and this does not go good for Sal. Sal is one of the most fun, entertaining and refreshing heroines. She’s relatable, interesting, and being in her head is never annoying or boring. She loves the sport like her dad (who is just adorable!) so she expects more form him, especially since she was such a BIG FAN of his. 
“You know your reputation is just what everyone else thinks of you, your character is what you really are.”
There was one particular moment that I felt that Kulti wasn't going to get my approval and this isn't really a spoiler since it's a scene that proves on his trait of being a straight up dick. Sal's dad is a HUGE Soccer fan. I was so mad after Kulti embarrassed him for no reason, but relaxed after he apologized and did him a huge fan service. Maybe because Sal's dad reminds me of my mother and how much of a huge futbol fan she is.
Bitmoji Image
“People are going to judge you regardless of what you do, Sal. Don’t listen to what they have to say because at the end of the day, you’re the one that has to live with your choices and where they take you. No one else is going to live your life for you.”
The only other thing that I would've changed was the ending. Don't get me wrong, I liked the way everything played out. I just wanted more. It took so long for Sal and Kulti to get their HEA and after all the time spent describing every detail of every game, I felt like more time should've been dedicated to them as a couple. After all, I waited long enough to get there.

“You are my best friend, my love, my playmate and my teammate. You’ll have a team with me wherever we are, with whatever we’re playing.”
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and would go back and read certain scenes that pulled on my heartstrings. I love the way Mariana did her homework when it came to the beloved sport of futbol (like my mother says it). Plus, this being my third book by Mariana...she keeps on proving why I follow her.
Bitmoji Image
Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Buy the book with the link(s) below!

Current Song: Fake Smile by Ariana Grande
Image result for ariana grande thank u next album cover
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig