Monday, March 11, 2019

We Shouldn't by Vi Keeland


“God knows why the hell she'd given me her heart, but I had no intention of ever giving it back.”
Okay so this is my first review for Vi Keeland. Which is weird since I've read eleven of her books already! She is definitely up in my auto-buy books. Anyways, it's been a long time coming but we're here now. So let's get to the review!
Bitmoji Image
This is the synopsis:


Bennett Fox walked into my life on one hell of a crappy Monday morning.


I was late for the first day at my new job—a job I’d now have to compete for even though I’d already worked eight years to earn it, because of an unexpected merger. 



While I lugged my belongings up to my new office, a meter maid wrote me a parking summons.



She’d ticketed a long line of cars—except for the Audi parked in front of me, which happened to be the same make and model as mine.



Annoyed, I decided to regift my ticket to the car that had evaded a fine. Chances were, the owner would pay it and be none the wiser.



Except, I accidentally broke the windshield wiper while slipping the ticket onto the car’s window.



Seriously, my day couldn’t get any worse.



Things started to perk up when I ran into a gorgeous man in the elevator. We had one of those brief moments that only happened in movies.



You know the deal…your body lights up, fireworks go off, and the air around you crackles with electricity. 



His heated stare left me flush when I stepped off the elevator. 



Maybe things here wouldn’t be so bad after all. 



Or so I thought.



Until I walked into my new boss’s office and met my competition.



The gorgeous man from the elevator was now my nemesis. His heated stare wasn’t because of any mutual attraction. It was because he’d seen me vandalize his car. And now he couldn’t wait to annihilate his rival. 



There’s a fine line between love and hate—and we shouldn’t cross it. 





So, this book is steamy and tense! This book is an 'enemies to lovers' with a bit of 'office' romance. I am a big fan of this trope. It's something about the angst of enemies and how they slowly turn to lovers, watching their love begin to blossom. Especially, if the characters are great and written well.
“Yeah, that’s a great idea. Sleep with the guy who’s trying to steal my job.” “Why not? You know that old saying…keep your friends close and fuck the shit out of your enemies.”
Bennett is a sexy, overly cocky, womanizer who (surprise) doesn't believe in relationships. He blames his view in relationships over an accident that happened to his childhood friend. Bennett shows a warm side when he is around his godson. Bennett was a good male lead.

Bitmoji Image
“Sometimes his confidence made me want to smack him. Apparently other times it made me want to strip naked.”
Annalise is a beautiful and sweet co-worker, who is nursing a broken heart after being dumped by her boyfriend on Valentine's Day. She is such a strong character and I love how she holds her own when it comes to working in a sexist business fields.
“I'd spent half of my life building a million obstacles to put in the way of love. Yet when I met Annalise, all the hurdles did was show me how much she was worth jumping over every one of them.”
The sexual tension between these two is just...UGH! The torturous tension was what I lobe. I need to feel the pain. there were some actions that Bennett did that had me questioning him. We later find out the reason he is the way he is and it's just so sad. Like I said I am a grovel and angst fan!
“We don’t fall in love with the perfect person; we fall in love despite a person’s imperfections.”
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★  ☆
Overall, I enjoyed this book very much. It took me three days to read since I read it during a busy week. I can't wait for Vi Keeland's next book, I'm already planning on buying it and making room in my kindle and bookshelf!
“God, you’re such and ass.” I leaned in. “An ass that you have a shitload of chemistry with, like it or not. So whaddya you say? By day we fight like enemies, by night we fuck like warriors?”
Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Buy the Book with the link(s) below!
Amazon
Amazon Kindle
Bitmoji Image
Current Song: Hann by G)I-dle
Bitmoji Image
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig