Monday, March 18, 2019

The Hardest Route by A.S. Teague

"Vegas. I'd gotten pregnant in Vegas, The first and only one-night stand I had ever had. And I didn't even know his last name. Outstanding."
The Hardest Route by A.S. Teague is a sports romance with two unexpected people who have to come together for not one, but TWO unexpected life crashes. A.S Teague created two unforgettable characters and I fell in love with them and their story. I can't wait for this series (which I'm REALLY hoping it is!) Thanks to A.S Teague for sending me this ARC and giving me the opportunity to read this book. Anyways, let's get to the review!
let's go

Synopsis:
My friends used to tell me ‘What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.’ Clearly, they lied because a few months later, I found out my one-night stand was pregnant.

 I couldn’t handle a baby. I was Griffin Rockwell, the best wide receiver the league had ever seen. But what choice did I have? My baby girl was coming whether I was ready for her or not. 

Brooke turned out to be an amazing woman and mother. For seven years, we were the MVP of co-parenting—and even better friends. 

That all changed when tragedy struck our makeshift family and I was faced with the terrifying possibility of losing the one woman I was quickly realizing I couldn’t live without. 

I was at the height of my career and on the path to becoming the greatest of all time. 

But keeping my family together, with Brooke by my side, might prove to be the hardest route of all.

Okay, this book was unexpected to me. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would even consider re-reading it later on. This book was a good quick read and the characters were very well-written. Even the steamy scenes were unexpectedly good, maybe because the feel of the book I didn't expect them to be steamy, good but not like Roni Loren steamy. 
Bitmoji Image

I loved Brooke! She was kind and understanding. She never asked for anything and was an amazing mother and friend. I love how she wants to keep her independence even though Griff would take care of her financially. It seems that in many romance novels that involves rich heroes, the females always end up being the little housewives or too submissive to their partners. Brooke wanted her career and had a plan to make it work for the both of them.
You Go Girl
"But you cannot let your what-ifs scare you away." He lifted a shoulder and smirked. "Besides, even if you try, I'm not letting you go." He traced my lower lip with the pad of his thumb. "Especially now that I know what you can do with this mouth."
Griffin Rockwell was a very good male lead. When we first meet him, he was just drafted into the Bears at twenty-one. He is described as the best wide receiver, right behind his friend Aiden (hoping for his book next!). I thought because of his age and career that he was going to be immature and full of himself like most authors portray athlete heroes, which is annoying AF. But boy, hA.S Teague wrote Griff as kind, loving, mature, responsible and the best dad to Allie and the best friend/lover to Brooke.

He cleared his throat, but his voice was still gravelly when he asked, "You realized what?" I turned in to him, our heads both resting on the same pillow, my nose inches from his. "I'm saying that you are the absolute love of my life. Somewhere, deep down, I think I've always known that I love you."
I loved Brooke and Griffin’s relationship. They were great co-parents and had a great relationship with each other. They didn’t have the most conventional start and it wasn’t always easy getting to the end but Brooke and Griff are truly each other’s everything from the moment their daughter was born.
Bitmoji Image
Rating:  ★ ★ ★ ☆ 
Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. It took a twist to the emotional side in the end, but I gave it three stars because it had some things I love in my books that it didn't have. I do love that it wasn't the trope of sports romance and what drove this story was the tragedy that struck them. This book took me on an emotional rollercoaster. It made me laugh, it had me swooning, and it had me crying. If you enjoy sports romances, if you enjoy surprise baby romances this is one for you. You won’t regret taking the chance on this sweet story.

Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Connect with A.S. Teague
Stay up to date by joining A.S. Teague’s mailing list today: http://bit.ly/2HcdeHb
Bitmoji Image
Current Song: Only You by Little Mix
Bitmoji Image
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig