Friday, May 1, 2020

The Torn Up Marriage by Caroline Roberts

The Torn Up MarriageThe Torn Up Marriage by Caroline Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a hard read. I finished this book last night and literally woke up thinking about it.

In the beginning, I really wanted to beat Michael so much! The way he treated the OW and how he left his family for her UGH! He was controlled by lust that he confused as love. I do love how Caroline wrote his character though, she wrote was basically goes through a guy's head when they cheat. They want the attention, they thrive in being needed, and just want to be wanted. Which the OW provided for him. I did get confused a bit at the end though. Did he realize the OW just wanted him for his money...? The Christmas part confused me.

Lottie and Em were just adorable! There were moments where I just wanted to pull me into a hug and protect them from their stupid dad! They way they hugged their mom when she was crying...UGH, I love them.

Kate, girl...I supported you through this, you were strong but HELL NO I WOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN HIM BACK! I really wanted to see her go out and be single and try with Graeme because she deserved it! Even if it was to make Michael's ass jealous. She should have made Michael grovel a bit more before sleeping with him, even if it was them attempting to date each other again.

Overall, it was a lot and I read it in one sitting. So good job to Caroline for that! It's hard for a book to grip me that well and have me still thinking about it the next day. Kate was a bit too nice for my taste, but man oh man could I feel her devastation in this story. Michael got off way too easy. I really wanted Kate to get a little more involved with the sweetheart neighbor so Michael at least got jealous, realized what a total dick he had been, and had to redeem himself a bit more than he did here


Song: Quit by Ariana Grande

View all my reviews
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig