Thursday, May 21, 2020

Bound by the Past by Cora Reilly

Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)Bound by the Past by Cora Reilly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So I have mixed emotions over this book. The book starts in the past when Dante is nineteen and heir to Chicago's Outfit and ends in the future when he's married to his second wife and having children with her. The plot, therefore, spreads over several years, building the set up for many conflicting situations that resulted in Dante's five betrayals to the Outfit and showing the aftermath of his actions. I loved how Cora masterfully crafted this story. It felt like with every betrayal another layer of Dante's character was revealed. It was a very interesting and refreshingly different approach to explain his character to her readers.

I honestly wished this book was a bit longer in some scenes especially the beginning when he meets Valentina. I felt like that part just felt rushes as if Cora just wanted to get rid of the moment and get to the others. There were some scenes from BBD that I wanted to see but it was just summarized in one paragraph and we had to quickly move on.

The relationship between Dante and his children was just adorable! You can definitely see how his actions are going to impact his children in the long run. I also noticed some teasers here and there between future couples and what's to come in the new upcoming series. I can see how the relationship between Anna and the senator's son is going to be plus a possible love triangle between Santino as well. Plus, Samuel and Emma were kind of foreshadowed and now I am excited by that! But the book I am definitely looking forward to is Fragile Longing. As the reader, you got to see Danilo change from Twisted Pride to such a different person. (Poor Sophie.)

Overall, BBTP wrapped up the Born in Blood series with a trip to the past and set the players for the Sins of my Father series.

View all my reviews
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig