Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Favorite Books of 2018


This is a list of my Top 10 Favorite Books of this year! These books have had the most impact in my reading life in 2018. Just an FYI, these will mostly be romance genre because it was the main genre I read this year. But no worries, I have already made my list for 2019 and let's just say...I am going to be going through some fantasy worlds! Now, I also revealing what I rated each book. There maybe some book that were four out of five stars but that is because I am rating it based on the romance genre the books are based on.

Now to the list!

10. Bully by Penelope Douglas
“You were my tempest, my thunder cloud, my tree in the downpour. I loved all those things, and I loved you. But now? You’re a fucking drought. I thought that all the assholes drove German cars, but it turns out that pricks in Mustangs can still leave scars.”  ― Penelope Douglas
Now, I am a fan of the enemies-to-lovers genre in the New Adult community. And yes, I consider this book a New Adult rather than a Young-Adult genre. I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars!

9. Verity by Colleen Hoover
“I wanted him to panic, to worry, to feel bad for me, to cry for me. To cry for me.”  ― Colleen Hoover
Best advice I can give you for this book...go in blind and book an appointment with a therapist after you finish this book. You are going to need it. I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars!

8. Beginnings by Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.” ― Jennifer L. Armentrout
If by chance you are looking for an alien-romance book where they light up and don't look like the egg shapped and round eyes king of alien, this book is for you. I feel like this book is what Twilight intended on being but failed miserably at. Jennifer L. Armentrout has been a favorite author of mine for a while. So of course when I read this book, I wasn't disappointed. I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars! Full review is here!

7. Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
“But at the end of the day", she says, and puts her hand outside the open window, letting the wind pass through her fingers, "being myself is enough. I'm enough.” ― Christina Lauren
This book was the cutest and funniest romance book I have read so far. Hazel was just a beautiful soul and the exact person Josh needed in his life. If you are looking for a funny, cute, and just all around romance this is a good book to start. I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars!

6. RoomHate by Penelope Ward
“I never stopped loving you. There may have been times I tried to hate you, but even then, I never stopped loving you.”  ― Penelope Ward
This is one of my favorite second-chance romance books. It was so beautifully written and it was an amazing ride. There were moments where I just wanted to put the book down in anger because of the male character but I had to keep reading because there has to be a happily ever after! I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars!

5. Player by Staci Hart
“Love is music. It’s learning when to be loud and when to be soft. It’s riding the scales up and down. Learning the curves and strings to play the song of your heart. You have to know when to lead and when to follow. When you’re wrong and when you’re right. Love is music,” ― Staci Hart
What can I say except thank you, Staci Hart! Thank you for making a romance where even plus-size girls like Val and I can have romances! I just loved it so much and can't wait for the third book in this series titled Work in Progress. I, honestly, can't wait for this!

4. All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover
“When you meet someone who is good for you, they won’t fill you with insecurities by focusing on your flaws. They’ll fill you with inspiration, because they’ll focus on all the best parts of you.” ― Colleen Hoover
ANYTHING BY COLLEEN HOOVER IS HEARTBREAKING AND AMAZING. READ. ALL. HER. BOOKS. THEY. ARE. PERFECT. I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars!

3. Midnight Blue by L.J Shen
“When I look at you, I see something broken that isn’t worth fixing. And you look at me like I’m a cheap thing to replace the expensive one that’s been stolen from you. See, we’re all vases. And you’re the one scattered on the floor, shattered beyond repair. So I’ll let someone else pick you up. It’s really that simple. Have fun with your temporary glue.” ― L.J. Shen
DUDE. WTF! This book was everything to me. I love a good bad boy book and this one had a mix with a rockstar. What more can I ask for? Indigo and Alex had such a roller coaster romance that just gave me life. I have a full review of the book right here! I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars!

2B. Fall by Kristen Callihan
“Be with me. Let’s fall together.” ― Kristen Callihan
Kristen Callihan became one of my favorite authors after I read The Hook-Up. I knew there was no turning back after I was introduced to Drew and Anna. I was a little scared about starting this new series but I should have trusted Miss Callihan more because the VIP series has become one of my favorite romance series of all time. This book in particular has become such a favorite because of Jax and Stella's relationship. Two broken people falling in love and not what to do with so much emotion. It was just amazing. I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars!

2A. A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart
“There is no length to love; it's infinite. It lives in you always. Hold on to it." 
"But it hurts," she sobbed. 
"That's how you know it was real.” ― Staci Hart
If you remember that movie Hercules, when Meg is dead but Hercules goes to the UnderWorld to save her. Keep that in mind...that is me with Staci Hart after she killed me with this book. This book...had everything I love. It was angsty, it was heart-breaking, it was a military romance, it was so beautiful. I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars!

1. Four Years Later (Becca McKenzie #2) by Emma Doherty
If you are looking for angst, grovel, tears, heartbreak, and college...this is it. Emma Doherty wrote the perfect book for a reader like me. This book made me cry so much, I had to put the book down just to calm myself down! I find myself going back to reading this book just to be with Becca. She broke my heart and I just wanted to be by her side and protect her. I rated this book 6 out of 5 stars!

BTW, I will be writing FULL reviews of these book in the upcoming days/weeks. I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to sit in front of my computer in a long time.

Hope you guys had a good 2018 and wish you the best in 2019!
Comment down below what your favorite books of 2018 were!

Thanks for reading!!
Please, share and follow me. 
Hope your lucky stars look after you all!!
Bitmoji Image
Current Song: Without Me by Halsey
Bitmoji Image
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig