Thursday, October 8, 2020

A White Picket Fence by Laura Branchflower

35958837. sy475 A White Picket Fence by Laura Branchflower
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay...I had to reread chapters of this book a couple of times to finally rest my mind. 

This book was HEARTBREAKING!

Simple as that. There were parts in this book where I just had to step away and take a breather. In case you didn't know this book that 

Lina, I honestly feel for you darling. I personally would not have taken Phillip back. I would have left him and found myself someone else. She had the patience of a saint. In her shoes, I would have not tolerated Megan, I'm sorry but that girl pissed me off every time she was on-page. Next, Lina put up with more attitude from her ungrateful 2nd daughter Katie than any mother should ever have to. I loved the way Lina totally accepted Katie's boyfriend Matt into the fold though, totally making him a part of a family setting that he didn't have the fortune of having in his own broken family. It was very touching. The only one I feel really understood Lina and the pain Phil had done was her son Logan. Yes, he may be described as a mama's boy but he loves his mother and felt betrayed by his father.

Phil really pissed me off. He was a control freak over the entire family, but especially to Lina after he was forced to tell her the truth about his affair. He was such a major dick! The thing that pissed me off the most about him was how he expected Lina to keep his affair a secret from everybody, and bitching at her for the people she confided in about his infidelity. You know, because now others would know what a cheating prick he really is. As if keeping his manwhoring secrets should have been her burden to bear. Plus, he didn't even explain or give reason to why he ended the affair. He just wanted it to be a thing in the past and move on not even give poor Lina time to mourn the relationship she believed she had with her partner.

Overall, this book was an insane roller coaster of emotions. There are some triggers so be warned. 

View all my reviews
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig