Thursday, August 20, 2020

Wicked Princess by A. Jade


Wicked Princess by Ashley Jade
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Oh lordy, lordy...here we go. Let me start by saying that I loved the first two books in the series. So I longed for this book so much. It starts off very well and interesting. It's been eight months since Ruthless Knight was released and blew everyone away. With that being said...Wicked Princess was not what I expected, good and bad. Keep in mind, minor spoilers!

This book took a one-eighty and left me stranded for a bit. It took a bit to get into because so much has changed! Honestly, when I started reading this book I already knew about the 'amnesia' spell from the blurb that was released but I really wanted it to just be false. The Bianca we grew to know and some love/hate was the Bianca I wanted to see. From the reviews, I read from the people who received ARCs, I was excited for this book! I couldn't wait to read it, especially how things were teased in Ruthless Knight. What I got instead was so different. I literally had to check twice to see if I was reading the same book.

This book felt too rushed for me. It is literally 55k words long...the other two books were over three hundred pages! With the other two books, it felt like the plot was two problems. You get out of one problem and you enter the next problem before going into the resolution. This didn't feel that way at all. This book just felt as if Jade just wanted to get Bianca's story out of the way and be done with it.

Not only that, but the anticipation of who the S.O was going to be was also a disappointment. The way the second book teased Bianca with one character only to rewrite her whole personality just so she can be with the other guy.

(view spoiler)

Overall, this book was a bit of a let down from what I expected. I was glad to be able to see the other characters again especially my Sawyer and Cole but other than that...it was an okay read.

View all my reviews
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig