Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Unbreak My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn

Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)Unbreak My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I will start by saying this is a heartbreaking, incredibly written, gut-wrenching book. This book was everything I wanted in a book! There was angst, heartbreak, grovel, love, and straight uptears! I bought the book while it was on a sale and kept putting it on the side after a while I decided to pick it up and oh my gosh...

“I'd pushed her aside for so long that there was no foundation to build on. Just a mess of shattered pieces that I'd crushed with a sledgehammer every time she'd grown closer than I was comfortable with.”

Unbreak My Heart is an unbelievably gripping story of love and loss and second chances. This book owned my heart. I would have to say it is up there with Ella Fields's books.

Shane is not an easy hero to love. He will make you downright hate him. He will break your heart so many times over, you'll wonder if there is a road back. But trust me, you will love him in the end. The crap he puts Kate through really pisses you off! I had to close my kindle a couple of times just to calm down.

Kate, I love her so much. She takes so much emotional punishment throughout this book that you want to say that she may be too forgiving. But the author instills so much growth in her throughout the story that you'll love her more and more with each page. I was glad when she finally grew a backbone and stood against Shane during some scenes. The love she had for the children was a mother's, true love.

Everything about this story is brilliant; from the feelings, it will wrench from your very soul to the emotional mess it will leave you at the end of it. Shane and Kate's story is not an easy one. It's filled with pain and heartbreak but it's also beautiful in its own right. You don't read the characters' journey, you experience it. Everything from the fundamental changes in their relationship to their feelings and everything in between.

Overall, this book was amazing and I loved it so much I still think about it today. This book was honestly about love, forgiveness, and grief.

View all my reviews
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig