Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Gilded Lily by Staci Hart

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays! I'm sorry I have been MIA recently, my life took a quick turn of events and I needed to be away for a while. But now I am back and with a new review in my hands! Yes I am bringing you review for the new book by the amazing Staci Hard, Gilded Lily! So let's not waste time and get to the review!

Let's Go!
Bitmoji Image

They say there’s no such thing as perfect.

But I’ve built my life to perfection—the perfect boyfriend, the perfect apartment, the perfect career planning celebrity weddings. My job—my only job—is to make sure every event is absolutely and completely perfect.

What’s not perfect? Kash Bennet.
And I wish I didn’t find that so appealing.
I could have told you every perfectly imperfect thing about the gardener at Longbourne. Like his hair, lush and black and far too long. Or his nose, the flat bridge of a Greek god, bent a little like it’s been broken. Or his size. Beastly. Roped and corded with muscles, gleaming with sweat and peppered with dirt.
There’s no escaping him, not if I’m going to use his family’s flower shop for my events.
But nothing is what it seems. And in the span of a heartbeat, my perfect life is turned inside out.
They say the best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody new. When Kash offers his services to the cause, it sounds like the perfect plan.
What’s not part of the plan? Falling in love with the gardener.
But they were right—there’s no such thing as perfect.
And I’m the fool who finds out the hard way.


year dear
So, Gilded Lily is the second installment in Staci’s Bennet Brothers series and it now focuses on Kash Bennet and Lila Parker. Lila has the perfect life: job, apartment and boyfriend. She wants to keep it that way and get her much deserved promotion. However, she catches her boyfriend cheating and everything turns upside down. She needs a distraction. Enter Kash Bennet. Hot gardener, momma’s boy and the perfect man for “no strings attached” sex. Right? Right. What happens when feelings start getting in the mix?
She was everywhere, in the air, under my skin, living in my heart.
At first glance, it is the opposite attraction theme. Lila is an A-Type personality to the extreme that is perfect for her profession as a wedding planner. Lila has been working all her life to become The Wedding Planner. She worked her way up from the lowest of low during a stint in Los Angeles and then because of her serious success in climbing up the ladder out there, she was able to land her position at the only company she wished to join in New York City.
“Stripped bare and laid before her, plain as day in the darkest of night.”
Obviously, I also enjoyed a whole lot this couple. Two people who seem quite opposite but simply work so well together. What starts as hilarious banter and sexual tension becomes so much more. I loved how Staci developed this love story and how Kash and Lila could not stop themselves from falling in love for each other. I loved their chemistry and how strong they are as a couple and as individuals, I am so happy they found happiness together.
“I felt myself approach a moment, a precipice, A cliff face where I was given a choice. The wind of change whipped my face, beckoning me closer to the edge where I'd have to decide - fly or flee. The life I had, or the one I dreamed of.”
Rating: ★★★ ☆ ☆
Overall, this book is good. The chemistry, the smarts, the care, the feels...all of it worked so well for me. I loved every minute of reading this. What made this wonderful was all of the surrounding parts of this love story. There was the continuing family dynamics of the Bennets and their business situations, there was the continuing insights to the other siblings giving us major hints of other stories to come. All of these elements added to the beauty of this couple. Everything fit. I enjoyed it but out of this series...Coming Up Roses is still my favorite!





Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.
Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Bitmoji Image

Buy Gilded Lily!
🌺Bennet Brothers Series 🌺
1. Coming Up Roses
 - Review

Current Song: Last Christmas by WHAM!
Image result for last christmas song"
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig