Friday, August 3, 2018

Bad Things by R.K. Lilley

Image result for bad things rk lilley
Danika has had a hard upbringing that has made her feel a bit obsessed with having a routine. She works hard as a 'nanny' with her best friend and her ex-husband. But sweet Danika also loves trouble. She likes dating bad boys, boys who are in trouble, or just look like trouble. When she meets Tristan, she knows he is trouble with a capital T. Of course, she is attracted like a magnet and the story begins from there.

Bad Things by R.K. Lilley was a hard struggle for me! At first it was a little hard to get into the book. At first it seemed it would be a simple bad boy falls for a good girl kind of story but honestly, it wasn't. Danika is twenty-one years old and Tristan is twenty-six years old. Tristan likes to live free and not care for the world. Danika wants to work and keep herself fit and focus on her future. Tristan changes her pattern and soon she turns into someone else.

So what are my thoughts on this book...


Yep, I did not like it at all. I am a fan of bad-boy kind of stories but this one was not for me. It was a real struggle for me to read it at the beginning. I didn't connect to Danika at all through this book, honestly I kept thinking about how she could go on after he did this and did that. Maybe, it's just the Scorpio in me who doesn't like to take crap from anyone. But Tristan is a real asshole and jerk that just got under my skin in so many scenes. 

Image result for excuse me gifFor example, there is a scene where he gets angry at her because she tells him she is in love with him. Instead of saying like, "I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way." He shouts at her and then leaves to go party, not communicating with her after two weeks. They reunite when his 'band' (yes...he's in a band.) plays at a club. They reconcile, like sex reconcile which is stupid! (Spoiler) Later she finds out, he had sex with another girl not even three hours before he had sex with her!

(Spoiler) When they are a couple again, Danika meets many of Tristan's past one night stands and she goes crazy. Like, she throws plates at one girl. Plates! Then in another scene, she pulls his ex-girlfriend's hair and throws her on the ground only because they were talking and he was being flirting. Like, excuse me, he is your man and he is flirting with someone. I can't stand people like that, seriously. They break up for like the millionth time because Danika was finally tired of his anger temper...like his anger temper made you leave? Not his cheating raids? Girl, please.

The only character I did somewhat like is Frankie. She seemed like the girl who would have your back but at the same time would have the guy's back. Dean, bye! He is the guy who is just asshole. Don't waste your time with someone like him because nope.
tyrel jackson wtf GIF by IFC
(Spoiler) Suddenly Tristan's brother, Jared, another man-whore, dies due to a heart-attack caused by drugs. this whole family is crazy because their mother ends up blaming Tristan for his death and Tristan just goes down to rock-bottom. Danika comes back to his side to support him through the hard time. Tristan finally tells her he loves her and BAM, to be continued...

I did not like this book at all. Maybe it's because she is a young twenty-one year old and was too closed in that when she saw the first person to free her from it. Tristan is the kind of guy to steer clear from. I couldn't stand him at the second part of the book. In the beginning, he seemed okay and funny but heck no, bye boo!

I would rate this book: ★★☆☆☆
Just because I didn't like this book doesn't mean you won't like it. You can find the book on amazon as kindle and paper back. Also, I will read more book from R.K. Lilley, just because I didn't like this book doesn't mean I won't shelf other books from her. I will also continue with this series, hopefully, both characters will grow up a bit more.
Pray Cbs All Access GIF by CBS

That is my review for the book Bad Things by R. K. Lilley.What are your thoughts on the book? Comment down below and let me know!

Thanks for reading!!
Please, share and follow me. 
Hope your lucky stars look after you all!!





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig