Sunday, November 3, 2019

Waiting for the Sun by Lindsey Iler

"It hurts now, and it will hurt tomorrow. When it stops hurting so badly, that's when you'll see the truth."
The second book of the Hand Over My Heart Duet is out and it is still a tear jerker! Lindsey Iler owes me for the tissues I had to use to finish through this duet. This book made me laugh and cry and smiling and swooning and yelling all at once. The second part of Nick and Hannah's story was heartbreaking and raw. With every word you can feel the pain and love bleeding from the pages. There were times, when things from the past were revealed, that I had to walk away. There are quiet a few places that you will definitely need tissues, because you will be gutted. It is beautifully written, and the ending of this great love story was everything I hoped it would be.

Let's go to the review:
Bitmoji Image

I’m unapologetically in love with Nick Kovac.He can claim to hate me and blame me for everything.
I’ll fight for us both.
He severs the promise he made, leaving me on the hockey rink floor, heartbroken and alone.
It doesn’t take me long to stand with my head held high, while he's being a coward. Stuck between push and pull, everything we are is in question.
Sometimes the answers are in the stars. Others, it’s where the sun shines that our lives change

Bitmoji Image
I knew going into Waiting for the Sun Iler was going to cause me emotional distress. I even took Benadryl before I started reading to make sure my eyes didn't get so swollen. And I was absolutely right! I found myself crying and crying, even at parts I wouldn't normally cry at. But I couldn't stop even if I wanted, these two just found their way into my heart and soul and won't leave. Iler gives us an emotional rollercoaster. Nick and Hannah are raw and real. She brings them to life on each and every page. These two capture your soul and break your heart.
Hannah: I feel like I've lost my best friend.Nick: You should be a pro at that by now.
The side characters in a book can make or break it and Kellan and Nicole are absolutely perfect. I know we all don't like Kellan because he's so against Nick and Hannah. Did any of us understand the world then? No! His devotion to his sister is unparalleled and clouded his judgement. But when he comes with that letter all is forgotten.
Bitmoji Image
"You were a casualty. I'm sorry, Hannah."
Every word touched my soul. I felt the story deep within me. Their love, their conflict...and I so badly wanted to fix it all for them. Watching this story unfold I held my breath as tears poured down my face. And I cheered loudly when then book concluded and we were given the only proper ending fit for our Nick and Hannah.
"Make me feel loved, even if it's for the last time."
Rating: ★★★ ★ ☆
Overall, this book was a beautiful conclusion of Hannah and Nick's story. I could not put it down. they are both strong, vulnerable, and broken, you can feel their pain and happiness. I even connected with Kellan and felt his pain. That doesn’t happen often with me to feel the emotions of a side character but I did. This is an amazing duet and everybody needs to say they survived Nick and Hannah. Lindsey you did an amazing job telling and concluding these character's stories. Hopefully we can see a sneak peak of them in the future books you write.

Thanks for reading!
Please, share and follow for more content.

Hope your lucky stars look after you!
Bitmoji Image

Current Song: Baby by Clean Bandit
Image result for baby clean bandit
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© World ❈ of ❈ Tomes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig